Sunday, January 8, 2012

Today I owe you two...

One week exactly before I messed up my resolution...but I did qualify it by saying 365 blog posts this year, not just every day.  :-)

Anyway.  Tomorrow was a dreaded day for me.  Some of you may say I was just being dramatic, but taking down the Christmas stuff is always a difficult thing to do.  I always get a little melancholy because it is difficult to completely ignore the fact that the "magic" is gone.  Please tell me I am not the only one who feels the magic at Christmastime.  Anyhow, I did make it better by watching one of my favorite movies, An Affair to Remember.  Such an amazing movie...Cary Grant, and Deborah Kerr.  I was shocked when I looked at the info under "Cast & Crew" and discovered that everyone who worked on the movie was dead.  I didn't realize that some of them had died, but anyhow.  I enjoyed watching the movie while disassembling the tree.  It brought a little of that warm feeling back.

Now that the tree is down, I do feel a bit of a sense of relief that the chore has past and I have regained a little room in my house.  But, I cannot wait for the next 10.5 months until I get to redecorate for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment