Thursday, January 5, 2012

hand washing...ugh

I enjoy folding laundry, vacuuming, and dusting.  The rest of the household stuff, I could totally hire out.  Our wonderful, had to have it, dishwasher is not cleaning very well.  I am in the process of running every possible cleaning solution through it in an effort to get it working efficiently again.  The crappy part about that is that after every cleaning solution, you have to run a load with just water...so, here at our house, that means the dishes have been piling up.  Apparently I am the only adult in the house with hands, so I am handwashing the dishes.  At intervals, of course, but it sucks.  Worst part is that we have a single sink with no dividers.  So  you have to wash and rinse simultaneously.  I am not worried about wasting the water, but it makes the sink fill up fast.  So...I have now handwashed and dried over ten sinkfuls (or is that sinksful?) of dishes, with no end in sight.  I want an honest answer from someone.  How did women survive with families of over 5 people?  There are still families that have 5+ children, not even counting the adults...we make so many dishes and we aren't even here 3 days a week...ugh.  Anyhow, wish my hands well.  My manicure is gone and my hands are at the mercy of the Dawn hand softening dishsoap...gonna give them a run for their marketing money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment