Wednesday, January 11, 2012

SNOW!!!!

There is finally snow in the forecast!  I cannot wait.  All I have heard from the kids is "can I wear my snowpants today????".  Instead of saying yes, I'm telling them they have to wear their light jackets.  Well, yipee!  Snow is coming.  I think I am probably the only person in the world excited about it, but I am over the moon.  :-)

That leads me to a question that I received about why we keep our animals in"confinement" housing vs. "free range".  Ten inches of snow is the best reason I can give.  By keeping our animals in covered shelter, we are able to control all the elements.  As I sit here, the room temperatures are as follows (Rm 1-Rm 4) 71.4, 72.4, 69.2, 70.2.  We keep the temperatures hovering between 68 and 72 degrees year round.  Our animals are much more comfortable this way, and they stay much healthier.  It's the same reason that we no longer live in poorly insulated log homes or tipis.  We enjoy being at a comfortable temperature year round, and our animals enjoy the same "creature" comforts.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment