Monday, March 12, 2012

Rehab Staff

I know that for most people, they look at Mendota Hospital as a small, only in emergency type facilty.  Now that I am the patient, I have only the most amazing things to say about our staff.  I work with these people, they are my friends, but I am a bad patient, so my editorial is truly based on my opinion of the treatment, NOT the friend part.

Jared Wise, PT.  Amazing.  He's young, but thorough.  He's also honest, maybe more than I was looking for.  :-)  He has provided me with exercises, stretches, and confidence to push through the pain and move forward.

Laura Geldon, AT.  Young, just out of school, but amazing.  Great asset for our team here at MCH and for the local high school sports program.  Laura has provided me with massage and plenty of education on how and WHY things hurt when they do.

Nancy Walzer.  Technically our dept. secretary, but so much more.  She has been helping me from day one with everything from occasional massage when needed to trying to work around my schedule and their schedule (the most difficult part of this whole thing).

And, finally, Dr. Amy Matheis-Soliman.  As a friend, we are super compatible.  As a doctor-patient our relationship is just as compatible.  She has taken the time to listen to what I am feeling, prescribed the needed things to get through my life with three kids (since she has four of her own), and understands the demands of being a mom.

Long story short, consider MCH for your treatment needs.  It's a great place to work and be a patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment