Monday, March 12, 2012

Being a "Farm Mom"

So, part of writing this blog was supposed to be my role on the farm as farm "mom".  What I find is that it truly extends to just being a mom.  I have to work sick kids into the schedule the same as the rest of you.  For those of you with Grandparents nearby, you understand my ability to have that super small sigh of relief knowing that you can lean on them during the tough times.

As a farm mom, I want my children immersed in the farm.  They spend time with us in the barn.  When the pigs are small enough (remember my oldest of three is only 6), the kids are in the pen with the pigs.  When the pigs are too big (just so they don't knock the kids down), the kids help me do chores by walking down the alleyway and "waking" them up.  Imagine my two year old Nolie saying, "Up piggies, come on, Mommy needs you up".  So cute!

Planting season is around the corner and they will also be immersed in that.  They love riding in the tractor and being part of the action.  I hope that all of this is preparing them for the future that I see for them in farming.

No comments:

Post a Comment