Tuesday, February 21, 2012

CLMT

I am proud to say that I just finished my Certified Livestock Manager Training yesterday, AND I earned an 87% on the test.  A test that I was convinced I couldn't pass.  The cutoff score was 70%, so I'd say I did pretty good.

IL livestock farmers are required to take the course when they have more than 300 animal units (not the same as "head" of livestock...there is a different multiplier).  You have to take the course and the test when you have over 1000 animal units.  Much of the training focused on responsible environmental stewardship, which we do already.  That part was easy.  It was the geometry and algebra I was not expecting...and I was grateful for my liberal arts education!  I have had so much background in biology and chemistry that the agronomy stuff was much easier for me than even some of the farmers there.

I am glad that I have it behind me, but I am proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment