Thursday, February 17, 2011

Learning

So, I'm learning about this blog thing.  Seems interesting, like an online diary more or less.  I figured, "Okay, I can do this".  So here I am.  I am a farm wife and mom.  I have three children, Bella-5 years, Mae-3 years, and Nolan-1 year.  My hubby, John, and I have been married for just over 8 years, but we have been together for 15.  We've learned a lot about each other, and a lot about how we work together. 

We are in the midst of considering our options for increasing our production capacity for the hogs.  By the end of this year, we may be up to 7500 head.  It is an incredibly exciting venture for us, and we feel strongly that this is the best option for our family.  We would be making major changes like going from a farrow-to-finish operation to a wean-to-finish or feeder pig operation.  What we hope and pray is that our farm will survive to be there for our children and their families.  All of this, as I said above, has been a huge learning experience.  John & I are doing really well so far in the planning stages. 

So, as I said, I'm learning all about this process.  I will use this as a way to express lots of things:  mommy experiences, farm experiences, updates, and promote the farm.  Some of these things might tick people off, but hopefully they will inform and encourage more people to learn.  Please feel free to contact me at any time.  I love feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment